What a fantastic setting and panorama! Anyone who does not want the Eiffel Tower in their wedding photos must be against getting married in Paris.
Created in the thick of winter, this dreamy styled shoot demonstrates the unique beauty of a ceremony held during this season. Through The Glass Paris‘ Linh and Duc, a husband-and-wife photography team, explain what sparked this Wintry Rooftop Paris Shoot.
“We wanted to do an elopement shoot in a special location that is not yet well-known, hidden but still beautiful and unique in Paris. Winter is a season that not a lot of couples want to do shooting so we wanted to take this opportunity as well to create inspiration for winter weddings. It took us a lot of time to find the perfect location, on top of a Parisian rooftop.”
“Even though Eiffel tower is a bit cliché, but a rooftop with views over the Iron Lady is always a good idea, even for Parisians! Imagine climbing in an unknown place, you open your eyes and see the whole city underneath you. You are suddenly on a gorgeous Parisian rooftop, and you feel so powerful.”
“The set-up is charming, and cozy with dozens of pillows laying around, lights from the candles flicking, as you watch the sun, slowly setting while you are standing between the clouds and the most beautiful city in the world. You turn around to smile at your loved one, and just when the whole city lights up, then, at this moment, you’ll finally understand the magic of the city of lights!”
Simply said, there is never a terrible moment to visit Paris, therefore the saying “Paris is always a good idea” is spot on. There is something about Paris, even when it is bitterly cold outside, that supposedly makes it look gorgeous.
The brisk windchill is not frightening in the City of Love and Romance. Some people think that even a bad day in Paris is better than a good day elsewhere. You will just have to come here and check things out for yourself to find out whether it is true. (Photos: Through the Glass Paris)
This photo shoot was a staged elopement on a secret Parisian rooftop, but if you ever find yourself in the City of Love, this could be your wedding day!
Everything is possible, even if you do not want to shoot pictures of a wedding or an elopement. Allow yourself to wander and daydream in the City of Love that is Paris. (Photos: Through the Glass Paris)
As the sun gently sets between the clouds and the most beautiful city in the world, this Paris elopement scene is enchanting: you see dozens of cushions strewn about, lights from the candles flickering.
You turn around to flash your sweetheart a grin, and right as the city comes alive with activity, you realize the city of lights is truly magical. (Photos: Through the Glass Paris)
Behind you, the Eiffel Tower lights up. In addition to the delicious French cuisine, the celebration includes kisses and champagne toasts.
The world is beautiful, you tell yourself, and grin. You feel like this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and you hope someone would take pictures so you can look back on them and remember how you felt. You will always remember your romantic elopement in Paris and can not wait to share the photos with your loved ones.
In these uncertain times we love that we can bring you a piece of the most romantic city in the world. Thank you for sharing these photographs with our community and we caught wait to go back to visiting Paris soon. For more styled shoots click here.
How should you come up with the perfect theme for your wedding?
Want a grand wedding theme of your own? Your wedding day is one of the most special and memorable days of your life. And choosing the perfect theme for your wedding can set the tone for the entire event, leaving a lasting impression on you and your guests.
But with so many options to choose from, how do you come up with the perfect theme?
In this article, we will explore some essential tips and ideas to help you find the ideal wedding theme. From classic and elegant to quirky and unique, we’ll cover different styles, colors, and trends that can make your wedding truly unforgettable like that Wintry wedding in Paris.
Why is it important to choose the right theme for your wedding?
Your wedding theme is more than just a decoration choice; it sets the mood and atmosphere for your entire celebration.
It helps create a cohesive look and feel, and it can even reflect your personality and interests as a couple. Choosing the right theme is crucial because it will guide your decisions for every aspect of your wedding, from the invitations to the venue decor.
A well-thought-out wedding theme can also enhance your guests’ experience. It creates a sense of anticipation and excitement, as they know what to expect and can dress accordingly.
It sets the stage for beautiful and memorable photographs that will be cherished for years to come. So, take the time to consider various themes and choose one that resonates with you and your partner.
What should you consider when selecting a wedding theme?
Before diving into the world of wedding themes, it’s essential to consider a few factors that will help you narrow down your options.
First, think about your personal style and interests as a couple. Are you more traditional, modern, or somewhere in between?
Do you have any shared hobbies or passions that could be incorporated into your theme? By staying true to your own preferences, you’ll create a wedding that feels authentic and meaningful.
Another crucial factor is the season and location of your wedding. Outdoor weddings in spring may lend themselves to garden-inspired themes, while winter weddings could incorporate cozy and romantic elements. Consider the venue itself – its architecture, ambiance, and natural surroundings. Your theme should complement and enhance the venue, creating a harmonious atmosphere.
Lastly, think about your budget. Some themes may require more elaborate decorations or specific attire, which can impact your overall wedding expenses.
It’s essential to choose a theme that aligns with your budget without compromising on your vision. With careful planning, you can find creative and budget-friendly ways to bring your theme to life.
What are some popular wedding themes?
Now that you have a better understanding of the importance of a wedding theme and the factors to consider, let’s explore some popular wedding themes and their unique characteristics. Remember, these are just starting points, and you can always add your personal twist to make them your own.
- Rustic Charm: Rustic weddings are characterized by their natural and organic elements. Think barn venues, burlap and lace decorations, mason jars, and wildflower bouquets. This theme is perfect for couples who appreciate a laid-back and cozy atmosphere with a touch of elegance.
- Vintage Elegance: Vintage weddings take inspiration from different eras, such as the 1920s or 1950s. They are romantic, timeless, and often feature antique decor, lace details, and soft color palettes. Vintage themes are ideal for couples who love all things classic and want to transport their guests to a bygone era.
- Beach Bliss: Beach weddings are all about embracing the sun, sand, and surf. This theme is light, breezy, and perfect for couples who love the ocean and want a relaxed and casual celebration. Incorporate beach-themed decorations like seashells, starfish, and tropical flowers to create a beach paradise.
- Modern Glam: If you’re a couple who loves all things sleek, sophisticated, and contemporary, a modern glam theme is for you. This theme embraces clean lines, metallic accents, and bold color schemes. Incorporate modern elements like acrylic signs, geometric shapes, and minimalist floral arrangements for a chic and glamorous wedding.
- Enchanted Forest: For a whimsical and magical wedding, consider an enchanted forest theme. This theme brings the outdoors indoors with lush greenery, fairy lights, and floral arrangements that resemble a woodland wonderland. It’s perfect for couples who want a touch of fantasy and enchantment on their special day.
Coming up with creative wedding theme ideas can be a fun and exciting process. It’s an opportunity to think outside the box and create a unique celebration that reflects your love story. Here are some tips to help you brainstorm and find the perfect theme:
- Reflect on your love story: Think about how you and your partner met, your shared interests, and the memorable moments you’ve had together. These can serve as inspiration for your wedding theme. For example, if you met while traveling, consider a travel-themed wedding.
- Seek inspiration from your favorite things: Look to your favorite books, movies, or hobbies for inspiration. If you both love a particular movie or book series, consider incorporating elements from it into your wedding theme. It will make your wedding feel personal and meaningful.
- Browse wedding inspiration websites and magazines: There are countless online resources and magazines dedicated to wedding inspiration. Spend some time browsing through them and save images or ideas that catch your eye. You’ll start to see patterns and themes that resonate with you.
- Consider the season and venue: As mentioned earlier, the season and venue can influence your wedding theme. If you’re getting married in a vineyard during the fall, a wine-themed wedding might be a perfect fit. Take advantage of the natural surroundings and embrace the beauty of the season.
- Take a unique approach to a traditional theme: If you love a classic theme but want to put your spin on it, consider adding a unique twist. For example, instead of a traditional black and white wedding, opt for a black and gold color scheme for a touch of glamour.
Remember, the possibilities are endless when it comes to wedding themes. Don’t be afraid to get creative and think outside the box. Your wedding should be a reflection of you and your partner, so choose a theme that speaks to your hearts.
Tips for narrowing down your options and choosing the perfect theme
With so many enticing wedding themes to choose from, it can be challenging to narrow down your options and choose the perfect one. Here are some tips to help you make that decision:
- Create a mood board: Gather images, color swatches, and any other visual elements that represent your desired wedding theme. By creating a mood board, you’ll have a visual representation of your ideas, making it easier to see which theme resonates with you the most.
- Consider your budget and resources: As mentioned earlier, your budget plays a significant role in choosing a wedding theme. Consider how much you’re willing to spend on decorations, attire, and other elements related to your theme. Make sure it’s realistic and aligns with your overall wedding budget.
- Think about your guest experience: Your wedding is not just about you; it’s also about your guests. Consider their experience and how your chosen theme will impact them. Will it be comfortable and enjoyable for everyone? Will it allow for smooth flow and easy navigation throughout the venue? Keep your guests’ comfort and enjoyment in mind when making your decision.
- Trust your instincts: Ultimately, trust your instincts and choose a theme that feels right to you and your partner. Don’t feel pressured to follow trends or choose a theme just because it’s popular. Your wedding should be a reflection of your unique love story, so go with your gut and choose a theme that resonates with you.
How do you work your theme into different aspects of your wedding?
Once you’ve chosen the perfect wedding theme, it’s time to bring it to life and incorporate it into every aspect of your special day. From the invitations and decorations to the attire and music, here are some tips on how to seamlessly incorporate your theme:
Your wedding invitations are the first glimpse your guests will have of your wedding theme. Choose stationery that reflects the colors, fonts, and overall aesthetic of your theme. Consider incorporating unique elements, such as wax seals or custom illustrations, to make them stand out.
Next, transform your venue into a magical space that reflects your chosen theme. Use decorations, lighting, and props to create the desired ambiance. For example, if you’re going for a vintage theme, incorporate antique furniture, vintage china, and soft candlelight.
Your attire should complement and enhance your chosen theme. Consider the style, colors, and fabrics that align with your theme. For a rustic theme, opt for a flowing bohemian dress or a tweed suit. Don’t forget to coordinate the attire of your bridal party with the overall theme as well.
Table settings are an excellent opportunity to showcase your theme. Choose linens, centerpieces, and tableware that align with your theme’s color palette and aesthetic. Add personalized touches, such as place cards or favors, that tie into your overall theme.
Select music and entertainment that aligns with your theme. For example, if you’re having a beach-themed wedding, consider hiring a steel drum band or playing tropical-inspired tunes during cocktail hour. It will enhance the overall atmosphere and keep your guests engaged.
Consistency is key when it comes to incorporating your theme. Every detail, no matter how small, should tie into your chosen theme, creating a cohesive and immersive experience for you and your guests.
Budget-friendly ways to execute your wedding theme
Planning a wedding can be expensive, but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on your dream wedding theme. Here are some budget-friendly ways to execute your theme:
Get creative and make your own decorations. Pinterest and other DIY websites are great sources of inspiration and tutorials. From handmade centerpieces to personalized signage, DIY projects can add a personal touch to your wedding while keeping costs down.
Consider renting decor items, such as table linens, chairs, and even some larger decorative pieces. Renting can be more cost-effective than purchasing, especially for items you won’t use again. It allows you to have the look you want without the long-term commitment.
Look around your home or ask friends and family if they have any items that could be repurposed for your wedding decor. Mason jars, vintage frames, or even old furniture can be transformed into beautiful decor pieces with a little creativity and DIY magic.
Opt for seasonal and local flowers instead of exotic blooms that may be more expensive. Not only will this save you money, but it will also give your floral arrangements a more natural and authentic feel.
Focus on key elements. Instead of trying to incorporate your theme into every aspect of your wedding, focus on a few key elements. This allows you to allocate your budget and resources wisely while still creating a cohesive and impactful theme.
A limited budget doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your dream wedding theme. With some creativity and resourcefulness, you can bring your vision to life without breaking the bank.
How do you work with wedding planners or designers to bring your theme to life?
Planning a wedding is a monumental task, and it can be overwhelming to bring your chosen theme to life on your own. That’s where wedding planners or designers can be invaluable. They have the expertise and experience to guide you through the process and make your vision a reality.
When working with a wedding planner or designer, communication is key. Clearly communicate your theme, ideas, and expectations from the beginning. Provide them with any inspiration images or mood boards you’ve created to ensure they understand your vision.
Additionally, be open to their suggestions and expertise. They have likely worked on numerous weddings and can offer valuable insights and recommendations. Collaborate with them to choose the right vendors, select the best decor options, and ensure a seamless execution of your theme.
Remember, hiring a wedding planner or designer is an investment in your peace of mind. They will take care of the logistics and details, allowing you to focus on enjoying your special day.
A well-executed wedding theme can have a significant impact on your overall wedding experience. It sets the tone for the entire celebration, creating a cohesive and immersive atmosphere that leaves a lasting impression on you and your guests.
A thoughtfully chosen theme enhances the visual appeal of your wedding. It creates a sense of beauty and harmony that is captured in photographs, videos, and memories. Every element, from the decor to the attire, works together to create a stunning visual narrative that tells your love story.